Saturday, August 24, 2024

Being A Forgiver

 Saturday
August 24, 2024

"Being A Forgiver"

     The following words are more powerful than most people might think: "Forgive me my debts as I forgive my debtors." There are some translations that will say it like, "Forgive me my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me." Yes, My children, people often walk around holding all kinds of unforgiveness in their hearts, and many times they will do so over some of the smallest things. In many cases, in fact, the thing that tends to make everything bigger than they were in the beginning, is the fact of the unforgiving spirit helping to blow things out of proportion. It is absolutely amazing just how often little things will become big things just because of an unforgiving spirit. The funny thing always tends to be the fact that people will come to Me to be forgiven for something that they have done, as they walk around with unforgiveness in their hearts towards someone else. I try to get people to stop and think about the words, "Forgive me my debts as I forgive my debtors", but so many of them just ignore Me nevertheless.
     Now remember when Peter asked The Lord JESUS how many times does a person have to forgive another, and he mightily proposed seven times as if that was something great? But no, JESUS came back with the number seventy-seven times seven, which put Peter's thought of seven times to shame. All JESUS was trying to say with that answer was that forgiveness is unlimited, no matter how much or how often you might believe that you have been hurt or trespassed against. It is indeed a difficult thing to do for sure, but that is why you were given The Holy Spirit to help and comfort you. Now if the trespasser breaks the law while doing what he or she did, then they will still have charges to face. As for the one who was trespassed against, the forgiveness of the person will still be in order. Why should you forgive, some might ask? Well, it is because that is what I have instructed the child of Mine to do, and that should be enough. Forgiveness frees you and the one who needs forgiveness to live again and be spiritually free, now and forevermore, in JESUS' Most Precious and Holy Name.

AMEN